I am a New Zealand trained dietitian with over 10 years of specialised dietetic experience.
Outside of dietetics, I love the outdoors and being active, with an absolute love for water-skiing, mountain biking and trail running.
Positive. Calming. Energetic.
Since finishing my postgraduate dietetics training from the University of Otago in 2007, I have predominately worked in Melbourne metropolitan hospitals at Alfred Health and St Vincent’s, specialising in gastro-surgery and intensive care. I am passionate about providing high quality, evidence based nutritional care with people living with a range of gastrointestinal conditions.
Other things I have done
- Lecturer at Latrobe University 2013 - 2020
- Co-author in several publications: The productive ward – collaborating to improve meal time experience and nutrition care for patients (2016), Food for safety, for recovery and for the soul (2016), Involvement of culturally and linguistically diverse consumers in hospital menu development (2013)
- Author/contributor to PINK (Breast Cancer Research & Education) magazine: "To add or not to add another pill into the cocktail mix" (2012) and "Worth the weight" (2011)
- Member of Dietitian Crohn’s Colitis Australian Network (DECCAN)
- Completed Monash University Low FODMAP Diet for IBS online course